How to book an appointment
NATIONAL NHS VACCINATION CENTRE
- you are aged 50 and over
- you are in the priority groups 1-9
- you are a health worker or care worker
If you declare yourself to be a health and social care worker when you book on the NHS National Booking System, please note this DOES NOT include:
- Administrative staff who do not have any direct contact with clients
- Social care workers working with children who are not higher risk for Covid-19
- Unpaid carers (see below for priority group 6 details)
- People providing home help, such as shopping or cleaning
- Early years workers ( e.g child minders and nursery workers) who are not working with children at higher risk of Covid-19
- Teachers, teaching assistants and other school staff who are not working with children at higher risk for Covid-19
- People who work exclusively from home with no direct client contact.
People who are unpaid carers and meet the criteria set out nationally will be offered vaccinations as part of Priority Group 6, and should not book in as a Health or Social Care worker.
All other individuals will be invited for vaccination at the appropriate time based on their clinically vulnerability to COVID 19, in line with the nationally determined criteria.
YORK & POCKLINGTON PATIENTS
- It will be addressed directly to you, by name
- Sender ID will be ‘Accu 3rd Party’
- There will be a time limit on it of 48 hours, after which time the link will expire
- You will be shown available appointments closest to the day and time the text was received
- If you have already booked via the NHS Book a Coronavirus vaccination service, you can ignore your invite
- The link will not require any payment details
SECOND DOSE APPOINTMENTS
We know people are anxious about when they will get their second dose appointments.
Some people have already been given a date for their second appointment. Other people may still be waiting to hear.
For York patients going to the Askham Bar Vaccination Centre, this is what to expect:
- BLUE national service– if you had your jab in one of the cabins at the Askham Bar Vaccination Centre (this would have been the AZ/Oxford vaccine) this is the national NHS vaccination service.
You should have received a date for your second appointment when you booked your first one. If not, you can book your second dose here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/ or ring 119 to book it.
- RED local service – if you had your jab in the large tent at the Askham Bar Vaccination Centre (this would have been the AZ/Oxford vaccine or the Pfizer vaccine) this is the York only local NHS vaccination service.
You will be contacted by your GP Practice or Nimbus, by text or phone call to book your second appointment.
Nobody will be forgotten. The NHS knows when you have received your first vaccine and will make sure you have your second dose as soon as possible.