Delivering economies of scale and leadership support, as well as a voice of integration
A collaboration of GP practices
Nimbuscare is one of the largest 'at scale' providers of primary care in the North of England, caring for more than 250,000 people.
Our membership includes 11 GP Practices who are all passionate about delivering high quality local care for local people.
We work collaboratively across the York area, delivering new, innovative and sustainable health care services.
Building on the strengths of our individual member practices, we can also share the workload and meet the increasing challenges we face.
This approach allows us to share resources, expertise and services; work as one single entity to tender for services; and improve the way that services delivered by different GP practices and providers integrate.
As leaders in local care, our goal is to work together across the health and care system to improve the health, wellbeing and experience of the people we serve.
- Launched a mass flu vaccination programme for York patients - one of the first of its kind.
- Collaborated with local GP practices to set up one of the first NHS Covid Vaccination Centres in England
- Supported patients with, or suspected of having, Covid-19 with a single point of access monitoring service.
- Responded to the health and care needs of our asylum seeker population with additional support.
- Successfully mobilised the Anti-Coagulation service and LARC contract
- Established an Improving Access Service, offering more 10,000 additional appointments annually.
- Secured the Opel 4 contract to provide tier 4 support to primary care across the Vale of York.
- Supported clinical directors with the development of the Primary Care Networks, along without workforce for primary care.
- Supported York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust by providing urgent care support during the busy winter months.
- Launched a clinic for babies and children aged 0-5 years with fever and respiratory conditions.
We've done this by
- Working together, using a city-wide approach and collaborating with local organisations
- Driving innovation - focusing on new, innovative approaches to delivering care for local people
- Working differently and being more agile