Community Care Centres in York
An exciting new model of holistic community-based care.
NImbuscare has developed an exciting new model of holistic community-based care. The aim of the Community Care Centre is about bringing together health and care providers and partners to create something different to improve the health and wellbeing of local people.
Tackling health inequalities is a high priority for Nimbuscare. Futhermore, we are creating Community Care Centres to give people something which will connect them and something they can be proud of. The hope is that Community Care Centres are a destination, a place to feel safe and welcome and a place that truly embraces the concept of social prescribing.
What is a Community Care Centre?
- It is a place where several health, care and voluntary providers can work together to connect people and treat more than just ill health. It is a resource to unlock the potential for communities to live well and take ownership of their own health through the design of a connected, safe space.
- It has a bold vision. Thinking big by acting small, in local areas of York.
- It is somewhere to go to connect; to get educated; to get advice; and, of course, to get treatment for some long-term conditions.
- It is widely recognised that Doctors, Nurses and Allied Health Professionals care for people, but our Community Care Centres host community volunteers, social workers, council services and carers who will also offer that care and support.
- It is a place that brings together health, care and voluntary services, along with many others who deliver support. We all have the same goal – to tackle inequality, to make things better for the local population, to create new patient pathways and better ways of working.
- It supports our local GP Practices and hospital trust by providing a safe and welcome space.
- It is not a GP Surgery and it is not a community hospital.