Waiting well service
Welcome to our Waiting Well service
We want to make sure you remain as healthy as possibly while you wait for your operation or procedure.
The pandemic has had a big impact on the NHS, meaning that some people are waiting longer for operations or procedures.
York Health and Care Partnership is working with Nimbuscare to identify patients who are on waiting lists who may benefit from support, whilst waiting.
If you are waiting for an operation or procedure, we want to make sure you are as well as you can be when your are due for your surgery when the time comes.
You will have received a text message if you are one of these patients.
How we can help you
- This page outlines a number of resources you can go to which will help you keep healthy and support you in managing your condition. It also gives links to more support you may need.
- You can also request a call from the team at Nimbuscare. This can be done by selecting YES on the text message received. This call will be conducted by a trained member of our non-clinical staff team. Based on your needs, this call could involve a referral to a Health Trainer or Social Prescriber.
Support available to you
Support to manage your long term condition:
- COPD COPD self management plan
- Asthma Asthma action plan
- Bronchiectasis self management plan
- Diabetes Living with diabetes | How to manage diabetes | Diabetes UK
Choosing the right healthcare services this winter NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group - Unwell? Choose Well (valeofyorkccg.nhs.uk)
Livewell York Homepage | Live Well York
Worried about a child under 5? Information for parents of under 5s
Feel happier and healthier - York Health trainers CYC Health Trainers – City of York Council
City of York Council (CYC) Health Trainers are able to offer free confidential one-to-one support and guidance, face-to-face or remotely, on the following:
- reducing your alcohol intake
- quitting smoking
- healthy eating advice and weight management
- finding new ways to be more active
- helping you find groups and activities to get back out in the community
Support with your mental health in a crisis Community mental health services for adults in York and Selby - Tees Esk and Wear Valley NHS Foundation Trust (tewv.nhs.uk)
Support with energy and keeping you home warm Save money by saving energy – City of York Council
Help with Utility bills Help with utility bills – City of York Council
Social Prescribers in York Primary Care Link Workers Social Prescribing in York – self referral